People not associated with the university are welcome to utilize the University Library as a public facility with the purpose of supporting research and scholarship. Please see Library User Rights and Responsibilities.
- Cards are issued only to individuals.
- Persons 18 years or older living or working in the following counties:
- Eau Claire
- St. Croix
- UW-Stout Alumni, and Faculty Emeriti
- Menomonie High School "A" Honor Roll students
Identification Required to Apply for a Library Card
- Current Wisconsin driver's license, or Wisconsin Identification card AND
- A piece of mail with your current address
Community Card holders are expected to observe all current circulation rules applicable to the UW-Stout community.
Community Card holders may borrow a maximum of 15 items at a time.
- Main Stacks and Browsing Area books have a 28 day loan period.
- EMC materials have a 28 day loan period.
- DVD's and games have a 14 day loan period.
- Each item may be granted one renewal.
The following may be used within the University Library but may not be checked out of the University Library:
- Reference material
- Periodicals and newspapers
The following are not available to community card patrons to use either inside or outside of the University Library:
- Laptop computers
- Digital video projectors
Community Card holders may use the computers by registering at the Reference Desk and being logged in by a library staff member. Computer use is limited to one hour; permission for extended computer use may be granted for justified research. For further information please refer to the Computer Use Policies.
Interlibrary Loan service is available to the public through their local public library.