What memberships do students need to purchase?

There are only two memberships a student would need to purchase in order to have access to all of Urec's programs and facilities. The Health & Fitness Center requires a membership to use it's services and the Stout Adventures Climbing Wall requires a membership. If you want to use both the HFC and the Climbing Wall, you need to purchase two separate memberships or the fitness/climbing dual membership.

What membership options are available to Faculty/Staff and the Community?

Faculty/ Staff can purchase the same memberships as students, but at a slightly higher cost. Community members may purchase memberships for the Climbing Wall and for the facility. Community memberships to the Health & Fitness Center are not available. For a complete list of membership options please visit here.

Why does Urec charge a membership fee to the Health & Fitness Center?

The HFC is a completely self supported operation meaning that no tuition dollars or seg fees are collected to keep this department open. Therefore, a membership fee is required to pay student wages, maintain and clean equipment, upgrade equipment, purchase supplies and offer programs

How do I reserve facility space?

For most facility requests you need to contact the Rec/Athletic office at 232-4078 ahead of time and make a reservation. If you are looking to reserve the Challenge Course or Climbing Wall, please contact Stout Adventures directly at 232-5625. If you are looking to reserve the Golf room or racquetball courts, please contact the Intramurals front desk at 232-1392.

What is the difference between Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs?

Intramural Sports is a department within Urec that provides the structure for competitive and non-competitive sport play. Intramural Sports trains officials, provides facility space, jerseys, equipment and league scheduling. Sport Clubs are entirely run by student members. A Sport Club is responsible for scheduling their own practices and meetings, recruiting members, requesting funding, arranging travel and maintaining club equipment. The Intramural Sports Coordinator oversees the management of Sport Clubs.

Do I need to be a member of the Climbing Wall to register for Trips/Clinics or rent outdoor equipment?

No. Anyone, including community may register for Stout Adventures Trips & Clinics or use our extensive equipment rental center.

Contact Us

University Recreation
41 Sports & Fitness Center
Menomonie, Wisconsin 54751
Phone: 715-232-1392