University of Wisconsin Stout | Wisconsin's Polytechnic University
Get Your Hands on Your Future
UW-Stout offers innovative, career-focused degrees based on active learning, applied theory and research.
Get Your Hands on Your Future
1. Change of Major form (obtained from Advisement Center – 11 Bowman Hall)
You must have a 2.5 or higher Stout GPA, and a grade of C or higher for all art and design courses already taken to be admitted into the art concentration of the game design and development program.
2. Unofficial transcript printed off from Access Stout or from Registration & Records.
3. Personal Essay Component: A personal essay of 500 words or less must accompany your application.
1. Discuss the major reasons and influences leading you to pursue your undergraduate work relative to the Art concentration within the B.S. in Game Design and Development program.
2. In addition to stating your goals, tell us how your work will benefit your community and how your chosen field will impact culture in the future.
Along with your printed essay, please include a digital copy saved as either a Word document (DOC), or an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file, included on your CD-ROM.
4. Visual and Creative Component: Submit 5-10 high-res images of original work. Files should be saved as JPEG's and titled with the number and your last name (i.e.: 1_smith.jpg, 2_smith.jpg, etc.).When choosing images, make sure to consider showing a variety of media.At least one example from categories 1-3 is preferred, but not required:
1. Two-Dimensional Drawing - A hand-drawn original work. Consider including still-life drawings, drawings of people, and indoor or outdoor environments.
2. Two-Dimensional Digital– Original artwork that has been created in a digital software application. Consider including projects in digital painting, illustration, photography, web design, or graphic design.
3. Three-Dimensional Work –This work can be a 3d digital model or a physical sculpture. Consider including images of various angles or views, in order to fully document the piece.
4. Time-Based Work –This could be a movie, an animation, or a video game.If some of your portfolio falls into this category, you can either include it on the CD or submit a link on either www.vimeo.com or www.youtube.com.
Changes to the Game Design and Development major are considered twice a year: (Late applications will not be considered)
1) March 1st
2) October 1st
All four (4) items above must be submitted by the deadline date to:
GDD Program Office—Jackie Riley231C Jarvis Hall Science WingUniversity of Wisconsin-StoutMenomonie, WI 54751(715) 232-1391
Please include the following items to request a Change of Major into the Game Design and Development-Computer Science major or a change of concentration.
All three (3) items above must be submitted by the deadline date to:
GDD Program Office—Jackie Riley
231C Jarvis Hall Science Wing
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Menomonie, WI 54751
To add, drop or change a concentration, minor, pre-professional course of study or specialization complete the appropriate form below. The link will take you to an on-line form. Once you submit the form it may take up to 2 weeks for your request to be processed.