As a victim of crime in Wisconsin, you have the following rights:

  • To be informed of your rights and how to exercise your rights.
  • To information regarding the offender's release from custody.
  • To be notified of a decision not to prosecute if an arrest has been made.
  • To speak with the Assistant Attorney General (AAG), or prosecutor representative upon your request, about the possible outcome of the case, potential plea agreements and sentencing options.
  • To attend court proceedings in the case.
  • To have reasonable attempts made to notify you of the time, date and place of upcoming court proceedings, if you so request.
  • To be provided with a waiting area separate from defense witnesses.
  • To a speedy disposition of the criminal case.
  • To have your interest considered when the court is deciding to grant a request for a delay.

Are you a witness to a crime or saw something you aren't sure was a crime?

If the answer is Yes, please consider one of the following:

  • If the crime is in progress, call 911.

How else do I report? 

  • If the crime/incident happened in the city, off campus property call Menomonie Police at 715-232-1283
  • If the crime/incident happened on campus call UW Stout Police at 715-232-2222

Other reporting options include: