Certification of Financial Support

U.S. immigration regulations require that every international student studying in the U.S. has adequate financial resources to cover all expenses while studying in the U.S. For this reason, all international students must comply with these regulations by certifying and/or providing documented evidence of adequate funds to meet all of the expenses that they will incur during their first year of study, and show that either family or sponsors are willing and able to send the necessary additional funds for the rest of the students' stay.

Students considering bringing their spouses and/or children should think carefully when planning to study in the U.S. The U.S. Immigration Service does not permit spouses (F-2 Dependent Visa) to work under any conditions. Moreover, the statement of financial support will have to document additional funds to cover expenses including comprehensive health insurance for all dependents.

Payment of Tuition and Fees

Tuition is the basic charge for instruction. In addition, student fees are charged to provide services such as student health, library privileges, campus cultural events and athletics. Refer to the Estimate of Expenses page for the cost of tuition and fees for two semesters of study. Students must be prepared to pay tuition and fees at the beginning of each semester. Payment cannot be deferred. Also, payment must be by personal check, cashier's check, cash or credit card.

Making Payments from Outside the U.S.

UW-Stout has partnered with peerTransfer to offer an innovative and streamlined way to transfer international tuition payments. The mission of peerTransfer is to save international students and their families money that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. In addition, posting of the payment into your UW-Stout account will be faster, and you will be notified via e-mail when it is received.

  » Instructions for using peerTransfer

Click or go to: https://www.peertransfer.com/school/uwstout to begin the payment process.

  • To get started, select the country from which funds will be coming and the payment

    amount in US dollars you wish to make to your student bill

  • In most cases, the US dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates, which will translate into savings for you.

  • After providing some additional basic information, you will book the transaction and will be instructed via email on how to pay peerTransfer from your home country bank account — peerTransfer will then forward the US dollar amount to UW Stout where it will be directly credited to your student billing account.

  • You will receive an email to confirm receipt of payment

  • At any time, you will have a dedicated customer service team reachable via chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any of your questions


Graduate Assistantships

Graduate Assistantships may be available through the Graduate School at 208 Robert S. Swanson Learning Center. Please contact the Graduate Office for application materials, or you may obtain them online.