University of Wisconsin Stout | Wisconsin's Polytechnic University
That’s how employers describe UW-Stout graduates. Our innovative, career-focused degrees combine applied learning and the liberal arts.
Eleven cadets from University of Wisconsin-Stout were among those honored at a recent Reserve Officers Training Corps Military Ball.
More than 200 people, including cadets and their guests, attended the Northwoods Army ROTC Battalion ball held at UW-Eau Claire.
The battalion consists of cadets from UW-Stout, UW-River Falls and UW-Eau Claire.
The ball was held in honor of seniors in the program who will be graduating in 2012. Cadets also received awards for their grade-point averages, physical training scores and leadership skills.
UW-Stout students and their awards are:
• Paul Weiss, of Menomonie, American Veterans
• Tim Nelson, of Augusta, Sons of the Union Veterans of the Civil War
• Kaitlin Brezovar, of Iola, Daughters of the American Revolution
• Charles Beaton Jr., of Montrose, Minn., Sons of the American Revolution
• Paul Klotz, of West Bend, Reserve Officers Association
• Joshua Smith, of Menomonie, Military Officers’ Association of America
• Laura Miller, of Seattle, Wash., Veterans of Foreign Wars
• Joshua Peterson, of Cedar Grove, USSA Spirit
• Dustin Wallace, of Oconomowoc, Sergeant York
• Ryan Sajdera, of Radisson, Superior Cadet
• Ian Dahm, of Menomonie, Superior Cadet
Brig. Gen. Scott Legwold, director of the Joint Staff for the Wisconsin National Guard, was guest speaker.
The ROTC program was established at UW-Stout in 2005. Students enroll in military leadership courses as electives in pursuit of a degree of their choice. They are commissioned as second lieutenants.
The 2013 ball will be held at UW-Stout. Contact Joy Evenson at UW-Stout for more information, 715-232-5640, email@example.com.