• At 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts, Assistant Professor Andrew Williams, School of Art and Design, will give a lecture on art deco following a reception.
Students in Julie Peterson's Lighting Design class, Nancy Blum-Cumming’s 3D course and both Susan Hunt's and Masako Onodera's art metals classes explored the art deco style in some of their class projects. The projects are featured in the basement of the Mabel Tainter through Friday, May 3.
• At 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Great Hall of the Memorial Student Center, hick-hop southern rap artist Bubba Sparxxx will headline Blue Devil Productions’ annual spring concert. For more information go here. Tickets can be purchased online or at the student center service desk.
• Thursday and Saturday, the Silhouettes fashion show, by apparel, design and development students, will be held in the Great Hall of the student center. To read more click here.
• At 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Take Back the Night, a benefit for the Bridge to Hope domestic abuse shelter, will be held at the Raw Deal, 544 S. Broadway St. A candle-lit walk to Bowman Hall Clock Tower will follow at 7 p.m. The event is sponsored by human development and family studies students, one of their 11 social action projects for Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
• At 7 p.m. Monday, April 22, national art conservator Barry Bauman will speak at Harvey Hall Theatre. Bauman will discuss, in part, the university’s historic Depression-era paintings by Cal Peters.