As part of the expo, Dean Jeff Anderson will present the STEM College Undergraduate Research Awards at 2 p.m. The students and their faculty advisers are:
• Callie Bernier, of Land O’Lakes; Amanda Little, biology. Last week, Bernier also received the universitywide undergraduate research award during Research Day.
• Martha Fagan, of River Falls; Maleka Hashmi, biology
• Henry Hansen, of Mora, Minn.; Michael Bessert, biology
• Jordan Henricks, of Waukesha; Wei Zheng, plastics engineering
• Kevin Osum, of Woodbury, Minn.; James Burritt, biology
• Halie Schmidley, of Green Bay; Joseph Wright, construction
The expo will feature 164 research projects involving 375 students from the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. The projects were conducted this spring in 26 courses across the STEM College.
The expo, directed by Associate Professor John Kirk, chemistry, focuses on short-term class and research projects.
Participation in the semiannual event has grown significantly. The number of students involved this semester is approximately 50 percent more than the first expo last spring.
Tuesday is the last day of classes for the spring semester. Finals begin Thursday, May 9.
Engineering and Technology open house
The engineering and technology department, part of the STEM College, will hold an open house from noon to 4 p.m. Friday, May 10, in Fryklund Hall.
The event will feature student demonstrations and displays.