Weekend activities include Fashion Without Fabric by art and design students, University Theatre’s “Spring Awakening: A Rock Musical,” band and choir concerts and a comedian. For the full schedule, click here.
Other events taking place in April and early May include:
• Best of Design juried student art show, ongoing through Friday, May 3, Furlong Gallery.
• Art deco show, through Friday, May 3, Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts, featuring student lighting design, 3D art deco and art metals projects. Assistant Professor Andrew Williams, art and design, will lecture at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 17.
• Campus Preview Day, Friday, April 12, Memorial Student Center, for prospective students and families.
• Silhouettes Fashion Show by apparel, design and development students, 7 p.m. Thursday, April 18, and 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday, April 20, Great Hall, Memorial Student Center. Click here to buy tickets.
• Blue Devil Productions’ spring concert, featuring hick-hop musician Bubba Sparkxxx, 8 p.m., Wednesday, April 17, Great Hall, student center. Tickets.
• The annual Early Childhood Education Conference, Thursday through Saturday, April 25-27, Great Hall, student center.
• Research Day student, faculty, staff presentations 2-4:30 p.m. and awards 5-6:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 30, Great Hall and ballrooms, student center.
• School of Art and Design Senior Show, Applied Arts Building, 6:30-9 p.m., Friday, May 10.
Classes end Tuesday, May 7, and finals begin Thursday, May 9. Commencement ceremonies are Friday, May 10, for the Graduate School and Saturday, May 11, for undergraduates. For more information on commencement, click here.