Billing/ Payment Options

For your convenience the Student Health Services will file a claim to your health insurance company for services you received.


We require a copy of the front and back of your current health insurance ID card in order to submit claims on your behalf.

We will accept faxed or emailed copies of insurance ID cards when the information is not provided at the time of services.


Not all insurance companies will pay for services received; please contact your insurance company regarding coverage for services Student Health Services/campus medical clinic for students and the area. Insurance plans vary and may be subject to out of network charges and pre-authorization requirements.


The Student Health Services is not classified as an "urgent care" and cannot bill as an urgent care. When speaking with your insurance company, be sure to tell them that UW–Stout Student Health Services is an on-campus medical clinic for students. We bill as a physicians' office.


Patients enrolled in a non-participating HMO, PPO, or POS plan who wish to have their plan pay for the care provided at the Student Health Services must contact their plan's service representative or their primary care physician about authorization for non-emergency out of network care.


**We strongly recommend students maintain adequate health insurance coverage, but services are provided to all UW–Stout Students regardless of their health insurance status. We will never refuse services to a student without an insurance card or insurance coverage.