To be admitted into the Graduate School, all students must do the following:

  • Complete a Graduate School Application by the application deadline listed on "Deadlines" (Note: The application link navigates you off this page to the University of Wisconsin System application website.)

  • Pay a $56 non-refundable application fee ($106 fee if international student) by credit card with online application.

  • Submit official transcripts:
  • a. Baccalaureate transcripts showing the degree awarded. Note: If that transcript shows fewer than 55 semester credits, submit all transcripts; (Special instructions for International students -- see international Students tab)

    b. Graduate transcripts for any graduate work attempted or completed

  • c. A Credential Evaluation Report is required if you completed your degree outside of the United States. Your evaluation report must be from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and include verification of degree equivalency and U.S. Grade Point Average (GPA). A list of approved credential evaluators can be found on the NACES website.

    NOTE: if you graduated or will be graduating from Stout there is no need to submit your UW-Stout transcripts

    Submit transcripts to: University of Wisconsin-Stout
                                       Graduate School
                                       200 Main Street E
                                       Menomonie, WI  54751
For certain degree programs there are additional applications and materials required by the application deadline. Check your graduate program's website for details for specific admission requirements.



    • GRE scores are not required.

    • Students seeking a post-baccalaureate non-degree add-on certification should visit the School of Education website for an application and information.

    • Graduate students who wish to enroll in undergraduate coursework must contact the Graduate School (715-232-2211) prior to registering for that coursework.

    • Proficiency in computer applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Internet searching, and the like is a skill set required for success in graduate school

Other Application Forms

Current UW-Stout students seeking Dual Enrollment must complete the Bachelor's/Master's [PDF] form or the Master's/Education Specialist [PDF] form.

Graduate students who took a semester or longer break from graduate school must fill out the Students Record Update Form [PDF].